DuckieTV is the TV-Show calendar you’ve been waiting for
A personalized calendar that tracks the shows you like
that can search on multiple torrent sites
and gives you full control over what you download and how
Runs in your Chrome browser and standalone on Windows, Mac and Linux
Features and Screenshots
DuckieTV is an application that takes care of TV-Show addicts by providing a personalized TV-Show calendar. DuckieTV makes sure the information is always up-to-date and gives you an integrated blocking-resistant torrent search to help you get to the right download as easy as possible.
With the integrated DuckieTorrent client you can connect DuckieTV to your local Torrent client and be updated on the download progress without switching applications. Deluge, µTorrent/BitTorrent, qBittorrent, Tixati, Transmission and Vuze are supported.
DuckieTV can even automatically start downloading shows that have aired.
Translations are available in 15 languages (English, Deutch, Español, Français, Italiano, 日本, 한국어, Nederlands, Norsk, Português, Русский, Română, Slovenščina, Svenska, 简体中文).
If you want to see more, check out the video introduction below
Fetching latest release info, hang on.
Click the badge for your platform to download the latest version of DuckieTV Standalone or scroll down for Chrome Extension Versions
Click here to view Developer Nightly Builds
Latest Release: v ()
DuckieTV ♥ Chrome
DuckieTV for Chrome comes in 2 versions: One that installs itself as your browser’s “new tab” page, and one that just provides an easily accessible button to open DuckieTV.
Install DuckieTV For Chrome
PermissionsChrome will report that this plugin wants to access your data on all websites and read/modify your browser history.
The permissions are actually less scary than they look. Chrome doesn't have the granular permissions system that Android has, so labels can be confusing versus what they're actually used for.
Read and modify your browser history The plugin requests this to use the Chrome.Topsites API that allows to display your most favorite sites on the new tab extension. If you do not wish to give this permission, please use the 'Browser Action' version.
DuckieTV ♥ µTorrent
DuckieTV automagically knows if either the µTorrent or BitTorrent client is running on your pc and requests access to your torrents. If you grant access, DuckieTV shows you your download progress transparently directly on the calendar and you can start/stop and pause torrents with one click
Don’t use µTorrent? No problem. Feel free to use DuckieTV with any client of your preference. DuckieTV just launches a magnet link. You can also access the .torrent files if you need.
Since DuckieTV v1.0 additional supported clients are Deluge, qBittorrent, Tixati, Transmission and Vuze. Integration with other clients is planned for the future.
DuckieTV hates censorship
Blocking-resistant, multiple torrent-search engines built-in
DuckieTV tries to make it as simple as possible to bypass the silly censorship laws laid down by people and corporations that do not understand how people want to consume their content these days.
If your country has implemented any IP or DNS blocking rules, automated mirror-resolving code will try to find a working copy of a well known torrent sites.
When this is the case, consider adopting one of the many proxy services to protect your privacy.
Duckietv ♥ Privacy
WE DO NOT WANT YOUR DATA
- The only statistics tracked for DuckieTV are the visits to the public GitHub site (by Google Analytics) and the installations in the Chrome Webstore.
- As soon you install DuckieTV it runs locally without sending statistics anywhere. There is no server to connect to, no infrastructure to bring down, and no logging from DuckieTV’s side of anything you do within the app, and there never will be.
- We do not want your money! We do this in our spare time for fun and to make our own lives and that of other’s easier. There is no business model, no ads, no profit.
- There are no costs to cover: No servers, no hosting, no databases, everything runs on Google’s, GitHub’s and Reddit’s infrastructure. Therefore you are not the product and this extension is free as in free beer.
- Everything runs locally. If you decide to execute a torrent search for an episode, a request goes from your computer to the search engine.
what’s happening with the latest releases
- v1.1.3 : • Translations: Romanian by honeybunny from Addic7ed, French by Tra-Vis, Norwegian by hexjelly, Spanish by iachopolo • Bug fixes for Torrent Client Integrations • Improve Autodownload torrent search matching • Fixed adding shows with numeric titles • optionally display season and episode on calendar • integrated XEM • added marking all of a days shows as downloaded • Season navigation • settings/display options for standalone minimize to Taskbar or Systray • misc bug fixes.
- v1.1.2 : • Fixed v1.1.0 and 1.1.1 build that missed important dependencies. sorry for that. :( • Translations: Italian (lamaresh), German (stormfighter), Portuguese (matigonkas) • Create a settings flag to run auto-stop for torrents not initiated by DuckieTV • Added Vuze, uTorrent WEBUI, and fixed qBittorrent 3.2.0 support. • Made it possible for all torrent clients to upload and launch torrent files to a remote machine. • use mouse-wheel on calendar header to scroll months • Created a settings flag to ignore and hide all ratings (to speed up the daily updates) • Fixes for trakt.tv episode info that’s missing important data • Distinguish series that have all episodes marked as watched • Number of unwatched episodes badge over library posters • A start on private tracker integration and allowing users to define custom torrent search engines. • Gui improvements, logos, touch-ups, moved menu items to the bottom stuff. • hopefully finally fixed time-zone time-travel bugs with air dates • Subtitle settings (configure your languages) • Fixed auto-connect logic when opening torrent client and handling re-authentication. • Show next/previous episode when available on series info page • Introduced new transitions for the series-list that should help keeping track of your position when panels resize • standalone option to minimize window to system-tray at start-up • Enable/Disable auto-download for selected series. • You can now mark the entire series as watched. • Added Genre and Status filters to the library page.
- v1.0.1 : Fixed a missing dependency that broke the qBittorrent and Transmission integration
- v1.0 : Completely revamped user interface (now with 100% more sexyness) - Added support for Tixati, Transmission and qBittorrent torrent clients - Added Strike and RarBG torrent search providers - Added calendar grouping for netflix episode dumps - Initial version of Subtitle search available from episodes panel - Removed Chromecast integration. (Use getvideostream.com and the app!) - Autodownloads now use the configured torrent provider - Revamped the way torrent search engines are created and registered - Shows can be marked as downloaded as well as watched, and downloaded episodes can be highlighted on the calendar - Added Trakt.TV Trending category filters, caching for Trakt.TV trending list - Fixes for DuckieTV standalone: now using frame-less window, open external links in default browser, window and unminimize from tray works in Ubuntu, added upgrade check and notification, and zoom control is now 1:1 with chrome browser - Database performance improvement (including less frequent ratings updates) - added ‘Watch on Netflix’ button for Netflix shows - numerous other small changes and bugfixes to list
- v0.94 : Switched to the new (hopefully more stable) trakt.tv endpoint, Added actor and rating info back to serie details, Fixed KAT Mirror Resolver and custom setting and added back TPB mirror selection to torrent settings, Changed default KAT mirror back to kickass.to, Minor tweaks to auto-download and updatecheck mechanisms, Built a little standalone website to turn off uTorrent’s ads with one click. click here
- v0.93 : Welcome back TPB! Added ShowRSS.info as a custom datasource
- v0.92 : Fixed problem with deployment script: moment.js was not included, breaking torrent searches for shows that are released with a date format.
- v0.91 : Fixed some people’s problems with the upgrade and now-missing watched indicators (They’ll restore automatically).Removed Torrents.fm (domain cancelled), Fixed OldPirateBay on https. Fixed Timezone offset for torrent search with dates, added some requested scene names and updated some translations in Italian, Dutch and English.
- v0.90 : Fixed TraktTV v2 API, compensated for TPB being down, many performance improvements, updated dutch and italian translations
- v0.82 : Fixed chrome v39 compatibility, sync engine still a work in progress.
- v0.81 : Some changes to the add to favorites screen, now showing detailed show information on hover. Also, some changes to make DuckieTV work in standalone mode, no chrome required! Get it at https://github.com/SchizoDuckie/DuckieTV/releases/
- v0.80 : A minor update with big impact: Daylight Savings Time fix by /u/garfield69
- v0.79 : Fixed infinite digest in calendar preventing usage on huge databases. Updated torrent autoDownloader to handle the same logic as the torrentDialog
- v0.78 : Fixed ‘yes-all’ and ‘no-all’ dialogs..
- v0.77 : Added ‘yes-all’ and ‘no-all’ buttons for confirming remote deletions in storage sync, preventing users to potentially have to confirm loads of deletions. Fixed StorageSyncService only syncing one show at a time.
- v0.76 : Fixed calendar not updating because of Hidden Series & DuckieTV now warns you while closing or navigating away from the app while shows are being added
- v0.75 : DuckieTV is much faster now, Easily delete shows from series you’re watching, Database write indicators, Improved error handling and credentials validation for Trakt.TV, Update mechanism improved to handle TheTVDB reassigning ID’s (fixing duplicate/disappearing shows on your calendar after an update), IMDB / Wikipedia links on the show details page, Added ability to hide ‘Specials’ for shows (like Dr. Who), Bandwidth consumption improvements, Shows that have ended will now only be checked for updates every 2 weeks, Fixed Torrent Dialog search box to automatically grab keyboard focus, Torrent auto-download service now runs every 2 hours instead of every 4 hours, Fixed ‘Scenename’ lookup for downloads.
- v0.70 : One of the most requested features was added: You can now sync your shows and watched episodes from and to Trakt.TV! The “Most visited sites” drawer can now be changed to open on click, syncing your favorite shows via your Google account works again. and you can now print the calendar.
- v0.62 : Fixed a problem with the add series typeahead
- v0.61 : Fixed deployment problem for english/uk users.
- v0.60 : New tabs interface in settings thanks to /u/Js41637, Introduced Internationalisation and translations thanks to /u/Garfield69, Initial translations into English and Dutch, the 9 other most popular languages are included in auto-translated form. Optimized watched indicator in calendar, added Trakt.TV’s trending shows to ‘series you’re watching’, made it possible to use the basic features of DuckieTV as a regular website: http://DuckieTV.github.io/DuckieTV/ (browsers that support WebSQL only! Tested on Chrome/Opera/Android)
- v0.55 : Fixes and improvements for the calendar, double loading images and GUI by /u/Garfield69 and /u/Js41637 Thanks guys!!!
- v0.54 : Layout CSS tuning and bugfixes by /u/Js41637 (Thanks!). Support for µTorrent 3.4.1 alpha, Fixed KAT parsing, Added extra permission for huge series (>5mb) databases.
- v0.53 : CSS/layout fixes, Fixed the timers that went missing, fixed the auto-update service, fixed restore watchlist timers, improved memory usage on backup restore.
- v0.52 : Fixed magnet URI catching and saving everywhere you can launch a torrent search for an episode. Added a popup menu on the torrent dialog with access to source, torrent and magnet links for each result
- v0.51 : Fixed several marking episode as watched issues
- v0.50 : Complete UI overhaul, µTorrent integration, experimental Chromecast integration, many performance improvements
- v0.43 : Made sure migrations don’t run on fresh installs
- v0.42 : Fixed missing scheduled event and chrome alarm delete procedure when deleting series.
- v0.41 : Fixed ‘browser action mode’ not launching on icon click.
- v0.40 : Switched to Trakt.TV API. Created backup/restore function. Added seasons. Reworked torrent dialog. Fixed timezone mess. Added Calendar week mode. temporarily disabled browser sync. Added ‘download whole season’. Added ‘download .torrent’ link in dialog.
- v0.35 : Synchronized versions after another manual screwup, created fully automated deployment process using macro’s. Fixed 10/10 ratings in overview.
- v0.33 : Updated sync option with permanent sync feature. Added functionality for when remote series are deleted. Multiple styling and consistency updates. Synced date formats. Added episode ratings chart on series overview page.
- v0.32 : Added experimental Sync option. Hit the ‘sync’ button in settings to push your current series list into the cloud. Open DuckieTV on another computer computer (signed in with the same google account), sit back and watch the magic.
- v0.31 : Fixed grid layout for 1200+px wide screens, Fixed naive TVRage id resolving for something more solid. Now matches both by name and optionally firstaired on multiple matches.
- v0.30 : Renamed from ‘SeriesGuide Chrome v2’ to DuckieTV! Reworked TVRage parsing to resolve bugs with episode numbering. Special handling for pawn stars like renaming errors means that these have less info to show for now, but more works properly. Implemented adding missing episodes from TVRage (like S01E01 that’s missing for a lot of shows).
- v0.28 : Fixed layout bugs, timezone offset for the other half of the world, default settings
- v0.27 : Implemented quality selection for episode search queries in settings. You can now search by default for none/HDTV/480p/720p/1080p
- v0.26 : Fixed a timezone offset bug for historical dates, showing shows that have already aired at the wrong date.
- v0.25 : GUI updates: Made backgrounds blend with black to improve readability, Implemented new settings toggles: ‘extra wide calendar’ and ‘hide torrent searchbox from main page’, created switch to show your favorite shows in grid mode (which takes less space), various touchups.
- v0.24 : Implemented switch preference to select default search provider (ThePirateBay or KickassTorrents) that’s used for downloads by default, fixed setting custom tpb proxy gui
- v0.23 : Bugfix release
- v0.22 : Fixed PirateBay search result size parsing, auto-translate breaks it.
- v0.21 : Added setting to disable torrent functionality, Added piratebay mirror resolver and manual override, added setting to hide TopSites, switched to google’s site screenshot * service like used on their new tab (the api that I used was getting slow due to the popularity of this)
- v0.20 : Implemented Scene Name Resolver for series that have an alternate scene name
- v0.19 : Implemented automagic PirateBay Proxy Resolver, Display filesize for torrents in popup
- v0.18 : Fixed date bug showing items on previous day on calendar.
- v0.17 : Styling improvements, layouting and useability improvements. created #/watchlist url (still hidden for now), torrentfreak top10, mocked up #/settings page
- v0.16 : Fixed TVRage sync and made it automagic
- v0.15 : Cleaned up the layout and merged search engines.
- v0.14 : TVRage Sync under series details. Fixes wrong episode numbers in the TVDB database for shows like ‘Pawn Stars’. (Github #20) Click the Episode number column in the table to * activate.
- v0.13 : Browser Action Mode created
- v0.12 : Added kickass torrent search for when thepiratebay is down. Will be reworked into something nicer soon
- v0.11 : First ‘browser action’ release
- v0.10 : First public release.